Monday, February 15, 2010

Parent/Teacher Conferences and other news

Valentine's Day was very fun for our class! The children had a great time making their "mailboxes" which were overflowing with mail by the end of the day. Sarah's mom, Mrs. Madureira, brought in a delicious and giant Valentine's Day heart cookie for the whole class to share. We had a great turnout with all the kids wearing red. Mrs. Culley and I were blessed to have lots of Valentine's treats and even beautiful tulips from the kiddos. I will also add that I have given up sugar for the week!

As a reminder, this Friday (the 19th) we will have no school in order to have parent/teacher conferences. Childcare will be provided for your St. Matthew's child during your conference. I am emailing each parent to confirm the time that you signed up for. If you have a conflict or are unable to make the conference, please let me know as soon as you can and we can reschedule. If something comes up on Friday, please call Mrs. Noack and she will let me know, as I will not be able to take calls while I am in conferences.

Please also note I think I am finally up and running with pictures again. I have added January pictures and Donuts for Dads pictures. The pictures turned out great. (To view pictures, see sidebar "Links of Interest" and select photo album you would like to view!)

Don't forget that La Noche is right around the corner on February 27! Please make sure you have purchased your tickets. Mrs. O'Neil finished our class project for the auction and if you have not had a chance to view it, please stop by the front office. Our project turned out amazing, and I cannot take one bit of credit. That all goes to Mrs. O'Neil.

Next week, we will be back to our regular schedule. We will also be changing units to "Community Helpers". I will keep everyone posted on more information regarding our class after conferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment